Thank you for your willingness to be a preceptor for UTSA Dietetic Interns!
What are interns say about their preceptors:
- “I greatly enjoyed this rotation. Ms. Cervantes changed my view of long term care. She was an excellent preceptor.” – Intern at Morningside Ministries.
- “AMAZING preceptors that give me their time to help me learn and succeed.” – Intern at Methodist Transplant and Specialty Hospital.
- “She encouraged independent work, but was always available for any questions, concerns or issues.” – Intern at Methodist Hospital.
- “Ms. Paras and Ms. Palma are wonderful educators. They provided a rich learning environment and encouraged me to seek out knowledge. The rest of the CHEF team is wonderful as well.” Culinary Health Education for Families (CHEF), The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio.
- “This was a great environment for learning food service management. I feel more confident in knowing all that kitchen management involves after this experience.” – Intern at Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.
- “She was a great mentor and always offered a lot of insightful and useful advice.” – Intern at Texas ArgLife Extension Services.
- “It was such a good opportunity to have a NICU and Pedi rotation. All the RD’s were invested in my learning progress.” – Intern at University Hospital.
Training and Professional Development
The Commission on Dietetic Registration offers a free Online Dietetic Preceptor Training Module worth 8 CPEUs.
Join the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) practice group
Interested in becoming a Preceptor? recruitment-flyer