Update: UTSA's ongoing monitoring of the Coronavirus outbreak
Business Expense Form Instructions
When is it required?
Which events/items can be included on the same form?
- The form allows up to 3 events to be included on the same form.
- Purchases/payments related to the same event (Ex: catering, dry cleaning, decorations)
- Multiple meals for the same activity (candidate breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Do not include on the same BEF form: multiple unrelated events
What goes in “Other”?
- Service fees
- Club memberships
Examples of Business Purpose:
- Donor cultivation
- Lunch/dinner with ___________to cultivate relationship and encourage UTSA patronage.
- Lunch/dinner with ___________to discuss capital campaign and encourage UTSA patronage.
- Lunch/dinner with ___________to discuss support of [Athletics division].
- Lunch/dinner with ___________to discuss support of [specific UTSA initiative].
- Business meals (employee only)
- Lunch/dinner to discuss ___________.
- Employee appreciation
- Holiday reception to celebrate employee excellence, contribution to university and improve employee relations.
- Event/gift to recognize employee excellence and service to the university.
Who needs to sign?
- Event Host/Individual Certifying Payment (Requestor)
- Department Manter (Approver)
- See BEF Quick Reference Policy Chart for what additional signatures may be required
- List of participants with affiliation to UTSA
- Agenda if applicable
- Justification for over the per person limit (VP)